Friday, October 3, 2008

Off / weights

No running today. I needed today off after yesterday's workout! I did weights at the gym. And, admittedly, I chatted more than I lifted. I should have focused more on my workout.
  • 12, 6, and 8 overhand grip chin-ups
  • 3 sets of 8 dumbbell presses, 55 lb dumbbells
  • 3 sets of 8 upright rows with 65 lb. barbell
  • 3 sets of 35 back hyper extensions with 25 lb plate
  • 70 and 80 Swiss ball crunches
  • 20, 10, and 10 leg raises on an inclined sit-up bench
I did sign up for tomorrow's race, the Elkmont Rails to Trails 10k. I haven't written as much about that race as I did about the Duck and Run 5k. That's mainly because I walked to the start of the Duck and Run. I could sit in my back yard and see runners in the Duck and Run!

I am excited about tomorrow's race and I'm glad to have another race close to home. I really like a 10k race. I've never run on the rails to trails, so I really look forward to this. I have two goals for tomorrow: PR and negative split.

A big thank you to Whitney Hollingsworth for putting on this race!

Of course, I'll update with details from the race.

No comments: