Tuesday, October 21, 2008

Easy 4

Today was scheduled for 4 miles. I did that on a treadmill in 31 minutes, which is probably too fast for an easy run. On treadmills, though, I catch myself speeding up so that it will be over sooner. I hate treadmills. Dreadmills. The iPod doesn't help. The TV doesn't help. I hate them. 4 miles is my treadmill limit, but I may need to see about lowering that. Did I mention that I hate treadmills? I would have run outside, but I wanted to weight train today, too.

After the dreadmill and stretches, I did some weights. My upper body is weakening with this whole marathon training thing. I must improve the frequency and intensity of my weight training.

  • 3 x 12 dumbbell presses, 55lbs.
  • 3 x 12 military dumbbell presses, 30lbs.
  • 3 x 8 dips (struggled to complete because I'm getting so weak)
  • 100 Swiss ball crunches (2 x 50)
  • 40 leg raises (2 x 20)
  • 30 weighted crunches (3 x 10)

1 comment:

W.Q. Duck said...

No treadmill for me, either!
Yuck!