Wednesday, October 8, 2008

Easy Day

Today's scheduled workout called for 4 miles. I ran those at about an 8:00 pace. It felt slower and I felt like I could do more, but I didn't. It's an easy day for a reason!

Perhaps I was a little giddy with yesterday's post, but I just couldn't help it! I know a 1:17 ten miler is nothing to get excited about, but I expected to be unable to complete the workout! And the hills. And the view. And the trails were so well maintained. And the weather was perfect. And there were prairie dogs and squirrels. And I really felt like I had a lot left in the tank when the workout was over. It was just one of those workouts that make me thankful that I'm able to run and more thankful that I do.

Today's work (not workout, but work, that thing I do to provide for my family) schedule required me to be on my feet for about 9 hours. I treasured the brief time at lunch that I could sit down! Yesterday felt good... yesterday, but at about 2:00 this afternoon, all I wanted to do was to sit down!

No comments: