Monday, October 13, 2008

Awful Weekend (for training)

I had just a terrible training (otherwise great!) weekend. Mark, I need a good scolding!

I wanted to run the Monte Sano 15k last Saturday. Thanks, as always, to Tanjie for her timely posting of the age group results with an emphasis on the Limestone County finishers.
I had planned a trip to visit my sister in the foothills of the Smokies because of fall break, so I missed the race.

Well, this trip was about the kids, and the kids had a BLAST! I had fun, too, visiting with my family and watching the kids play and have fun with their cousins! It was a great trip! I had very limited cell phone, Internet, and TV, and that was just fine.

It was relaxed, but BUSY! I had some time to run Saturday, but I was still trashed from Friday's tempo workout, so I (wisely, I think) took Saturday off. Sunday, there was just no time to run. The return trip had me up late Sunday night, so I had no energy to run today. And my diet all weekend was horrible. Fast food, sugar, and salt. I'm up about 4 lbs. Chubby.

Now, I'm having a delima... Do I do speed (cruise) work or long run tomorrow? I'm really not sure which I should do. I'll make up my mind in the morning! Either way, I'm still behind schedule. The good news is that this week and weekend will be much more like normal, but it does have its own set of challenges. More regular posts and workouts to follow. I hope I get away with this lapse this weekend.

No comments: