Sunday, October 26, 2008

Goals

I'm trying to figure out what my goals should be. I've been told to pick 3 goals.
  1. A goal for the absolutely perfect race. Perfect conditions and some good luck thrown in
  2. A second goal that is more reasonable but difficult
  3. The third goal is one that I could live with, but anything worse is a disaster
I'm not going to tell (m)anyone what my ideal perfect lucky goal is. My second more reasonable goal is to finish. Period. Well, there's a 6 hour limit at the Rocket City Marathon, so 6 hours is my second goal. My third goal is to survive.

I was completely humbled on the 20 mile run! I tried to start slow. I really wanted no sub-8 miles early so that I could finish strong. I don't think the few early sub-8's made the difference. I was simply exhausted!

The good news is that I have 3 more runs >= 20 miles. Hopefully I learned something on this run and can do better on the next ones and be ready for race day.

No comments: