Monday, September 1, 2008

Day Off

Today was supposed to be a cruise workout with 4 x 1 mile repeats @ 6:42 per mile with 2-3 minutes in between. And yesterday was supposed to be a day off. But I ran 10k (6.2 miles) yesterday just to participate in the Nike+ Human race. I really wasn't into that run yesterday, and it showed. I struggled just to finish! My knee was OK, just a little sore. But every other body part of mine tried to convince me to stop running. My lungs, my arms, my legs, my shoulders, my heart, EVERYTHING said STOP! But I didn't and I lasted the 10k. I'm guessing that during the marathon, I'll hit a part of the race where that everything tells me to stop and I'll have to fight through it. I'm viewing yesterday's mistake of not taking my scheduled day off as practice fighting through that.

Today wasn't totally a day off. Check out what I did today. Keep in mind that this is a 6 year old car with 80k miles on it.
Yeah, that's my reflection in that door. It took me all day to get it to shine like that. No, I won't do your car! :) Surely that kind of work counts as cross-training?

No comments: