Thursday, September 11, 2008

Remembering

Today is a scheduled rest day in my training. So, I'm resting. I may do some weights or play a game of racquetball if it rains this afternoon. Otherwise, I'm off today.

I can't help mentioning 9/11/01. This blog isn't about stuff like that, but 9-11 is my generation's "day that we'll never forget". Like most Americans, I'll never forget where I was and the shock, horror, and anger I felt that day. Though I was not in NYC and I don't personally know anyone who was, we were all directly affected. I still hear President Bush saying, "Make no mistake..." before several of the promises that he made that day. "Thank you" to the soldiers who are fighting to keep those promises.

"On a day when buildings fell, heroes rose... One of the worst days in America's history saw some of the bravest acts in America's history." George W. Bush (from http://www.cnn.com/2008/US/09/11/911.day/index.html)

Now back to my purpose for this blog. Easy or off tomorrow and 12 miles Saturday morning.

No comments: