Tuesday, September 16, 2008

Frustration

Sorry for the lack of posts the past couple of days. Sunday was a scheduled day off in my training. I took Monday off to adjust my schedule to long run Sunday so I can do the Duck and Run 5k on Saturday. The bad news is that my knee has been killing me since Saturday afternoon. I iced it several times Saturday and Sunday and it's still sore.

I tried my workout this morning, and it was a no-go. My knee just didn't feel right. I did about 3 miles on a treadmill and about 20 minutes on a bike. Workouts like that will NOT get me ready for a marathon. And oh yeah, I'm in Denver, and I was GASPING during those miles. The altitude REALLY makes a difference.

My plan is to go easy this week and race Saturday. Then, I may take next week off completely from running (bike, elliptical, and weights only) and see how it feels. Next week is a recovery week in my training program, so maybe I can take it off without losing too much conditioning.

No comments: