Friday, April 3, 2009

Hills

I tried some hill repeats this morning, but my body just isn't ready yet. There is still this constant pain on my right side that's there whether I run or not. Running doesn't make it worse, so I guess I'm good.

I drove over to Hughes Road and ran along Hughes Road to Thomas Drive. I went up Thomas Drive to Stoneway Trail. There is a 0.3 mile stretch on that road that is pretty steep. So, I repeated that 0.3 mile stretch twice. Well, maybe 1.75 times. I slowed to something that barely resembles a jog by the time that I got near the top on the second repeat. WOW!! That was hard.

There is a 0.1 mile stretch toward the top that is the steepest section, so I decided to repeat that 4 times since I clearly didn't have another repeat of the 0.3 in me. Well, I could only get 3 of those in. Whew. I'm going to have to work on this hill some more. It will make me faster. I did 5 miles total today.

And, just for the record, these could by no means be called "hill sprints". Maybe I could call them hills at 5k, then 10k, then half marathon, then marathon, then long run, then recovery run pace. I tried, but I just couldn't hold on for any of the repeats. I just didn't have it today.

No comments: