Tuesday, April 28, 2009

8 Mile

Today's schedule called for speed work. The travel yesterday and the difficult workouts over the weekend just drained me. When I woke up this morning, a speed workout was the farthest thing from my mind. I did set the alarm, but it just wasn't enough sleep, so I turned it right back off and slept another hour.

But, all day long I wished I had run. So, when the work day ended, I changed quickly and hit the road. I decided to postpone the speed work until Thursday when Lanier will be able to join me. Speed work is better when you have someone to complain to during the rest.

I was going to run 8, but it just felt so good to be running, so I ran 9. I may have run 12 or 13, but Mark was waiting to meet me for dinner. I didn't want to keep him waiting. I hit the first mile in 7:34 because I was trying to get to the cross walks while I still had the walk sign. So the first mile had some fartleks built in. That didn't feel so bad, so I decided I'd push a little on this run. This was one of those runs that I grinned the whole way. I was just happy to be running. I love to run.
  1. 7:34
  2. 8:14 (traffic)
  3. 7:58 (traffic)
  4. 7:38
  5. 7:31
  6. 7:14
  7. 7:23 (traffic!!!)
  8. 6:35
  9. 8:13 (cool down)

No comments: