Thursday, April 2, 2009

Back Out There

I got back outside today. 3 days off was just too much to handle! I miss running! I wanted to go out there today, even if it did hurt!

I went for an easy run this morning. I did 10 miles at an 8:30 pace. It was probably too much, but I really didn't want to stop. I wasn't able to wear my HRM because the strap goes right on top of my shingles rash. Yuck. I don't know what my heart rate was, but the pace felt very easy. The run felt really good except for the constant pain on my right side. But that pain would have been there whether I ran or not.

There's no need to worry. I checked with the doctor and he said that if I feel like exercising then it is ok to exercise. I'm still staying in because I'm still contagious to anyone who hasn't had chicken pox.

No comments: