Saturday, November 1, 2008

Easy Long Run

This is a recovery week, so this weekend's long run was only 10 miles. And I took them fairly easy. I met Matt at 6:00 AM to start. He already had 4 miles in before he met me and did another 1 after I quit. Nice job, buddy!

The coolest thing about marathon training is that I can say (and really mean) "only 10 miles"! This was my first run with a Garmin Forerunner (borrowed, not stolen or bought, thanks Angie!!). It took a little getting used to, but I really like this device! I only got splits for the last 8 miles because I didn't know to press the start button. Anyway, here they are...
  1. 8:02
  2. 8:08
  3. 8:04
  4. 7:56
  5. 8:06
  6. 8:03
  7. 7:57
  8. 7:44
I really like that the last two were the strongest. That 7th is an uphill mile with a fence.

Oh yeah, I played 6 games of racquetball after the 10 miler.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

i ate an entire box of cocoa puffs.