Monday, November 24, 2008

Unfinished

Today's schedule called for hills. I didn't really want to drive to Madison and fight traffic in the rain, so I opted for speedwork instead. I'll do hills Wednesday, with better weather and less traffic. I was supposed to do 4 x 1 mile @ 6:42 and 2 x 800m @ 3:10.

I didn't come close. 3 miles with 2 minutes between each, 6:38, 6:40, 6:39.

I needed a partner this morning. I snoozed twice, and then spent 15 minutes doing nothing except trying to decide if I were actually going to run or not. If I had a partner, then I would neither have snoozed nor had the do or don't discussion with myself. And a partner hopefully would NOT have allowed me to quit after only 3 miles. Counting warmup and cooldown, today's mileage was about 7.25. I'll accept that as better than nothing. It's still slacking, though.

The lesson learned today... Running is a daily thing. Some days you feel better than others. Saturday's run didn't exempt me from today's run. Every day. Even if it's a rest or x-train day, every day stands alone.

No comments: