Thursday, January 1, 2009

2008

Others have done a 2008 year in review, so why not?
  • Hated running in January, but needed cardio in addition to resistance training.
  • Barely able to run 3 miles in February, but decided I'd try to like running. I didn't hate running by the time March rolled around.
  • Mark Freeman, Tim Richter, and Angie Reed talked me into running the Cotton Row 10k. I trained for it and got hooked!
  • Ran my first race at the Law Day 5k in Hampton Cove. 22:30 and 3rd place award.
  • Ran Cotton Row in 45:53, slower than I wanted.
  • Waddled through June and July and lost too much conditioning.
  • Mark and I talked each other into running the Rocket City Marathon.
  • Trained lots with Mark and Matt Davis for the marathon.
  • Ran the Monte Sano 5k and 10k road races and the Huntsville Half Marathon as part of my marathon training.
  • Took first in my age group with a 20:39 at the Duck and Run 5k in my hometown of Athens. (Thanks Tanjie!!)
  • Took second in my age group at the Elkmont Rails to Trails 10k with a 44:23. (Thanks Whitney!!)
  • Ran Rocket City in 3:33:25.
  • Started trail running.
Overall, a great year in running. I can definitely do better in 2009. I can eliminate the summer laziness and do more tempo runs. Here are my goals for 2009.
  • Break 19:30 in a 5k.
  • Break 41:00 in a 10k.
  • Finish a 50k trail race.
  • Run Rocket City in 3:25. Maybe in 2010 I'll aim to BQ.

No comments: