Saturday, January 17, 2009

On the trail again

That's why I run trails. Today was an absolutely beautiful, if cold, run! Those two above are shots looking up the steep part of Waterline on the Mountain Mist course.

It really looks like the Mt. Cheaha 50k is a go. So, I'm continuing to train and log the miles to be ready for it. I'm excited, but I'm also a little intimidated by the climb and distance of that race.

My schedule called for 20 miles today. I didn't quite make it. I logged about 18.5. I'm a little ahead on mileage this week, and I may log a couple of extra tomorrow to make up for it. I know it's not the same, but it's better than nothing.

I worked late last night and just couldn't get out of bed in time to meet the Mountain Mist training group. I was just about 10 minutes late, and they left without me, as they should have. :(

They were marking the course today, so I thought I had a chance to catch them. I ran the second half. I'm guessing that the markers were on the first half today because I never caught them, and I ran out of course markings at the end of Waterline. If any of the markers are reading this, nice job guys. It was pretty obvious where to go even to a trail newbie like me.

Oh yeah, today's run was AWESOME. It was still very cold when I started. It didn't really warm up that much while I was out there. Notice in the pictures how the Mountain Mist course can look! According to weather.com, there will be just about perfect weather for the Mountain Mist 50k next week.

This last picture is a stream that crosses Natural Well Trail along the descent to McKay Hollow.

1 comment:

Rae! said...

WOW! What a view. A 50k in 2 weeks, nice.