Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Cycle Down

This week is a cycle down week in the training for Mount Cheaha.

I really can't believe that I'm going to do Mount Cheaha. It's official; I've lost my mind. The application for insanity goes in the mail today. The hotel is reserved. I'm in. Matt, you better mail yours today, too. We have a deal!

I did 10 miles Sunday with a group in Athens. Read about it on Tanjie's blog. It looks like that's going to be a regular thing going forward. GREAT! Yesterday was an off day.

Today, Matt and I did 5.44 miles though the schedule calls for 4. Man, he was pushing me this morning. 8:54, 8:15, 7:38, 7:20, 8:03. I was content to run at 8:30-9:00, but I was glad he was pushing. A cool thing is that even on the fastest mile, we were still able to converse, but with some difficulty. That was a comfortably hard pace.

2 comments:

Tanjie said...

I think you're right on the Sunday morning run being a regular thing, now. I know Kristi, Madelyn and I will all be there this Sunday. I also got an e-mail from Mark York saying he'd like to join us as well.

Rae! said...

WOO HOOO one Day I may give it it try.