Wednesday, June 24, 2009

Weights and Easy Running

I've been consistent with my new resistance training program. I've hit the gym for a full body workout 3 days a week for three weeks in a row now. One thing I'm learning is that it is very difficult to get in a good resistance workout and any kind of run in the same day. I was able to get it done today, but it wasn't easy. Time becomes a limiting factor! Three days a week off from running is not really acceptable if I'm going to reach my goals for this year. I'll have to figure something out.

I'm planning to stay with this program 3 more weeks, then I'll change it up hoping to
avoid a plateau. I can already see and feel some results from the change in routine.

Today, I did squats, seated calf raises, lat pull-downs, dumbbell curls, triceps kick-backs, dumbbell pec flys, decline sit-ups, and planks. Then I ran 4 miles on the treadmill in 34 minutes. I still don't like the treadmill, but it sure was nice not to be in the heat and humidity today.

No comments: