Wednesday, May 27, 2009

Quick Thoughts

First, thanks to everyone who has encouraged me since Cotton Row. Cotton Row is one of my favorite events, and I hope to be able to run it for years to come. It's a classic. I'll probably keep it as a circle on my calendar, too. I'm going to want to be at my best for that race every time I run it.

I haven't run since Monday, and I don't know when I will again. We're at Disney World, so I figure I'll get plenty of walking in over the next few days. I still plan to run as much as I can while I'm here, but I'm not sweating missed workouts this week. The important part of this vacation is time with my 3 favorite girls in the world! I'll regain any fitness I lose from this when I get back to reality.

I learned a few things from Monday.
  • I'm not as fast as I think I am! :)
  • I can still get faster.
  • I can have a bad race and a great day in the same day.
  • I should set more realistic (but still challenging) goals.
  • I have a pretty awesome set of family and friends around me.
Happy summer vacation! I'll tell Mickey "Hi" for you.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Well said! Don't worry about your diet either while you're there!!!
Have a great time!!!

Lanier

rundanrun said...

Disney is for family time. I usually do not sweat the workouts.
I usually run just once during a week there. You will walk a lot. Under statement.

Hope you get to eat at chef Mickeys. There are lots of good places to eat. I through my diet out the window and just enjoy the different varieties of food.

Have a great time and a safe trip home.