Tuesday, May 12, 2009

Catch Up!

This is probably the longest stretch I've gone without updating the blog. I simply haven't had time! Whew, what a week.

I did hill repeats at lunch Thursday. I was simply too tired to wake up early and do it. It worked out, though. I needed some hot weather work, and Thursday was HOT. I forgot to bring my watch, so I have no idea how I did. I ran up and down Stoneway Trail on Rainbow Mountain 3 times and then did a short hill on Thomas Drive. Then I had to hurry back to work for a 1:00 meeting.

I took Friday off. I planned to run about 8 or so. When I woke up, my knees hurt for the first time in a LONG time. Maybe it was the hills? Maybe it was that the shoes that I ran in on Wednesday and Thursday have about 530 miles on them. I don't know, but both knees were sore so I took the day off.

I did the double Cotton Row 10k plus racquetball workout again on Saturday. That's a good way to start a weekend. I ran the course much easier this time, though. I ran the course with my friend and perennial female masters winner Whitney. I ran the last mile and a half at about my target 10k race pace, but ran the rest of the run at about 8:00 to 8:10, with an occasional burst of 7:00 - 7:20 pace mixed in. My racquetball skills were not as good as the previous week, but I still played well enough to win a game or two. And I bought some new shoes to replace those old shoes. You know the drill, buy from Fleet Feet. So far, the knees are fine.

I spent Saturday afternoon tending to my daughter who had a bicycle accident. She's fine now, but Saturday was scary. I was up till near 1 AM which clearly affected the Sunday AM run.


Again, I did the usual Athens Sunday 10 miler. Carl and Lee were with me in the lead pack. I was really tired from the night before, and had a TON of things to do to prepare for Mother's Day. So, I had to bail on the guys when they were about at the 8.5 mile mark. I ended up with about 11.2 or so miles total because I ran from my house to the start of the 10 miler. Lee was the alpha male in this run, but Carl hung tough, too. I sissied out, but I had to. I was feeling the effects of lost sleep and I just had to get my house work done before church. They ran a record (for this run, certainly not a record for either of them) 1:11 for the 10 miler. Nice job.

Also, for this run, I'm guessing the distances because the battery was completely dead on my watch. I didn't have time to sync it up from Saturday's run, and I left it on all day and night Saturday, and it was dead Sunday morning. I usually call out the splits on that run, but we were running the whole thing blind Sunday. It turned out ok, though.

Meetings all day in Denver. Simply no time for exercise.

The schedule called for 8x200m at 5k-15s pace??? That seemed light. I was pushed for time in the morning, so I did 2 mile warm up and then did 4x400m at 1:30 each on a treadmill. Even at a mile high, that didn't challenge me. So, at lunch, I took advantage of this splendid weather here in Denver and ran 6 miles along Cherry Creek at about a 7:35 pace. AWESOME!!! It was a beautiful run. I didn't get to eat because of the run, but it was SOOOO worth it. I'm going to do that same route, but 8 or 9 miles tomorrow morning.

Happy birthday Leigh!!! I'm sorry I'm not home for it.

That catches us up! I haven't really been slacking, I've just been slacking on updating the blog.

No comments: