Tuesday, May 5, 2009

Congratulations!

First, I have to congratulate my good friend and Mount Cheaha 50k training partner, Matt, on the birth of his daughter, Sarah, yesterday! Congratulations! I'm so happy for the family! I am also thankful to God that both mother and baby are okay. Matt, a daughter will absolutely melt your heart! Jenny, now you're not as badly outnumbered! And, now the boys have a little sister to love and protect, and I'm sure they will. Sarah is truly blessed to be born into such a great family. JOY!! JOY!!! Congratulations! And, yes, the birth of your daughter is an acceptable excuse to miss a speed workout. :)

Yesterday was an easy 3 treadmill miles at 8:20 pace followed by a "pull" workout.

This morning, I met Lanier for 8 x 800m at 5k pace (3:07 per 800m). Today was really a good workout. It's the first time in two weeks that I gave the workout the effort it deserved and I left the track feeling like I could have done another rep or two. And I really enjoyed the company this morning. The weather was humid, but not as hot as it's going to be. It was about 60 F and about 92% humidity with no wind.
  1. 3:03
  2. 3:07
  3. 3:05
  4. 2:59
  5. 3:05
  6. 3:06
  7. 3:05
  8. 3:00
Every one of those was at or below my goal time!! And I didn't slow down at the end!! I'm very pleased with today's workout. And Lanier really kicked it in on the last one, too!

A great start to the day!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Okay, you're setting the bar high now buddy. I'll try to match your workout this afternoon. Work got in the way and I wasn't able to go early or at lunchtime. Good job. -Carl

Anonymous said...

Enjoyed it as always.

Lanier