Thursday, May 21, 2009

Easy Does It

I'm going easy from now until race day. There's nothing I can do between now and Monday to get more ready. I'm just trying to rest and stay fresh.

I wanted to get up early and run this morning, but I had neither the energy nor motivation to go out the door this morning. I brought my stuff to run at lunch, but the day didn't afford an opportunity to go out for lunch today. That's why I usually go in the morning. Too much can happen in the course of a day.

This afternoon, Erin (my daughter) wanted to run some. She wants to run in the Eurocross 5k at UAH on June 6, so I'm encouraging her. I haven't been working with her enough, but she has been running at PE at school. She ran 0.8 at PE today, and wanted to run 2 miles with me this afternoon. The block we live on is a 0.5 mile loop, so we started running around the block. She made it 3 laps and could have done more, but Lindsey (her twin sister) was on her bike and she wanted to ride some. So, I did 1.5 miles with her at about an 11:30 pace. I'm sure she'll be able to finish the 5k on June 6.

After that, I took off for a 7 miler at an 8:00 pace. The weather was nice, and the run was easy. I hope I'm ready.

1 comment:

rundanrun said...

My daughter and I are planning to run the eurocross 5k. It will be my daughters first race. Maybe I will see you there.