Friday, May 1, 2009

Ugh

I don't remember the last time that I took 3 days off in a week. I do NOT like it. There have been two days this week that travel and work simply prohibited any form of exercise. I look back at those days, and I honestly don't know where I would have fit it in. I should have scheduled differently.

Today, I planned to run at 6:00 AM. Well, at 6:00 AM, it was raining, thundering, and lightning. Bad. I should have sucked it up and gone to the gym and run on the treadmill, but I opted for sleep. I justified it by convincing myself I would go to the gym at lunch. Well, I got an email informing me of a 12:15 meeting. Yuck. Who schedules that? Who isn't at lunch at 12:15?

I'm really frustrated with this week. If I miss my goal at Cotton Row, I can look back at this week as a true setback. My diet was garbage. My sleep was awful. I'm stressed out. I only have 29 miles in this week. After tomorrow, I should get that above 40, which is the only consolation I have this week.

Slacker I am.

1 comment:

Ron said...

Hey man,

everyone has a bad stretch every now and then, don't let it get you down. Plus I just looked at your recent workout, i know hindsight is 20/20, but heck you were nailing your times, so no worries :)