Sunday, March 15, 2009

Sunday 10 Miler in Athens

Today was a 13.6 miler for me. I ran the 1.8 miles from my house to the meeting place. Then, we ran one of the Athens 10 mile routes. Finally, I ran the 1.8 miles back home.

Today's run was AWESOME! We had 10 people show up, even on a day when we were missing 3 of our regulars! Glen, Mark, and Matt all had good reasons to miss today, too. Especially Glen with his 58 miles at Delano yesterday. AWESOME JOB GLEN!!! And Mark took absolute revenge on the Huff n Puff on the Bluff course yesterday. 1:15? Awesome comeback from last year, Mark!

The run today started with Madelyn pushing us a little faster than I intended to go. But I'm REALLY glad that she did! We kept all our miles except the first one in the low 8:00's. Then, Mike pushed me a bit and we finished strong with 7:46, 7:35, and 7:14 final miles. Those last faster miles were just downright fun.

That capped off a 30+ mile weekend and gave me a good start to a more reasonable weekly mileage this week.

No comments: