Saturday, March 14, 2009

Another low mileage week

Ugh. I can't let this become a pattern. I missed a 10 miler and a 6 or 7 miler this week. That will put a dent in the total weekly mileage! My week's total was about 42. That's not terrible, but I won't set PRs this year at that weekly mileage. I need to be above 50, and closer to 60. At 60, I think I'll stay in good enough shape to run hard for reasonable distance and perform well at some mid-distance races. And, I'd like to stay in good enough shape that I can just say, "I want to run a marathon next month," and be able to do it.

Today, I did my weekly long run, 16.6 miles. I wanted to go to Monte Sano and run the McKay Hollow Madness course, but that didn't work out. I had obligations this morning and I did NOT want be away from my family for as long as that would have taken this afternoon. So I just ran impromptu around Athens until I was tired. And tired happened sooner than I expected. That's what I get for slacking this week.

I hope I can squeeze in another run on the McKay Hollow course before the race.

No comments: