Thursday, September 3, 2009

Catch Up!

I've been out of town all week. For the most part, though, I've gotten my miles in.

I was able to get in a 6 mile recovery run early Monday morning. It felt great. I was almost cold at the start! I left Monday afternoon for Minneapolis.

I don't sleep well in hotel rooms for some reason. This was no exception. Added to that, I had tons of preparation for the job I was to do Tuesday. I was up way too late. I missed the morning run in favor of sleep. I ran a 10 miler along the west bank of the Mississippi in the afternoon, and the weather was PERFECT! The people who live there are spoiled! There are just miles and miles of very good and safe running along both sides of the Mississippi. I like the idea of living there in the summer and in Alabama in the winter. I've been there in February, and that's why I couldn't live there!

I finished up my work in Minneapolis a little early, so I flew home Wednesday night instead of Thursday. I was planning a 12 miler along the East bank of the Mississippi for Wednesday, but I missed it to come home early. So, Wednesday was a goose egg in the log. I made the last flight out by like 4 minutes! I was so glad to be home, though.

Today, I got in yesterday's missed 12 miler. The weather was nice for here, but it certainly wasn't the great weather that Minneapolis was having. I ran the 12 miler with a 8:05 average, including the 8:30+ warmup miles. I had a good, strong finish. It felt good except that I'm getting a pain in the arch of my left foot. I don't know what that's about.

No comments: