Friday, September 11, 2009

Duck and Run 5k

I don't have much to post today regarding training. I just did an easy 6 mile recovery run with some friends and Ragnar Relay teammates before work this morning. So, I'm using this space to talk up the Duck and Run 5k in Athens tomorrow.

The race starts at 8:00 AM. Race day registrations are accepted. The race headquarters is at the Big Spring park just north of the intersection of Washington St. and East St. in Athens. I really like this course! It is not flat, but it's not hilly, either. I'd call it gently rolling and shady. It goes by several historic homes, a really old public library, and swings you by the courthouse square. The finish is slightly downhill for the last .2 or so miles right in the Big Spring Park parking lot.

I'm partial because this is the only race running in my hometown, but this is a good event. If you're a 20-ish minute 5k runner, you'll have a chance to take your age group at this one. Last year there were 120 runners. I'm hoping for a bigger crowd this year. I'll be working the finish line, and I hope to see you there as soon as possible after the start! I'm excited about this one!

Come join us for a fun 5k in the beautiful small town of Athens!

No comments: