Thursday, August 20, 2009

Ragnar Relay

Today will either be a day off or a recovery run day. Either way, it would be ho-hum to write about. So, I'm going to mention something pretty exciting coming up.

Eleven of my friends (Well, 3 of them I've never met and another 3 I only just met at the first team meeting. We'll be friends after this, I'm sure.) and I will be embarking on a big adventure on September 25-26. We're running in the Washingdon, DC race in the Ragnar Relay series. This is going to be off the charts fun!

So, what is it you ask? It's about a 195 mile relay race from Cumberland, MD to Washington, DC. Each of the 12 runners has 3 legs of the race of varying lengths. So, 6 of the team members will be in one van and will run their legs in order. Then, the other 6 will be in another van and run their legs in order. We continue to run our legs in order, swapping vans at every 6th exchange station until we get to Washington, DC.

I've never done anything remotely like this, but it will be a BLAST! I have (estimating) a 9 mile leg, a 4 mile leg, and a 7 mile leg for just under 20 miles total. We expect to complete the race in just over 24 hours.

2 comments:

W.Q. Duck said...

Sounds like fun!
Are you taking a camera?

Eric said...

No doubt! There will probably be at least 12 cameras!