Friday, July 17, 2009

Yippeee!

Things appear to be approaching normal both at work and at home. This means that I can get back to a reasonable exercise schedule. I managed to get in all my workouts this week in spite of the schedule challenges. Most of that is thanks to a very supportive and understanding wife. She's the greatest.

Wednesday evening, after church, I fit in a quick 3 miler with each mile getting progressively faster. 8:30, 8:00, 7:30. I just wanted to move my feet and finish faster. Success!

Yesterday, less than 9 hours after the 3 miler, I met Matt for an 8-10 miler that almost always is closer to 10. We did 9.75 yesterday with our fastest miles in the last 3. It wasn't a fast run, but it was a good one.

I'm looking forward to tomorrow's WC Handy 5k in Florence. I asked Leigh which race she would prefer for me to do tomorrow, and she chose the morning race. I'd like to go to the HTC Twilight 5k and see more of my friends, but the 8:00 AM time slot is a better fit for me. Here's hoping that I have 3.1 fast miles in my legs tomorrow.

No comments: