Friday, July 10, 2009

Not so much...

This has been one of the craziest weeks ever. I've had no time to run. Sometimes, life gets in the way of running. Some things are more important than miles and this week has been about those things.

One thing I've learned is that a few days off won't kill you. Watch your diet when you're forced to take time off and you'll be fine. Don't let a few days stretch into a few weeks, but don't panic. Other things are more important and when forced to take a few days off, previous hard work will pay off and carry you through that time without any real appreciable loss in conditioning.

At the beginning of the week I was concerned that I would do too many hard runs this week. Then, life happened and I don't know that I'll even get 20 miles in this week. It's a humbling reminder that I am not in control and I am not most important.

I did an easy 8 miler with Matt yesterday. It felt great and I felt very strong at the end. I'm filled with the urge to hit the road as soon as I can! I just don't know when that will be.

No comments: