Tuesday, July 14, 2009

Back on Track?

Monday
My schedule is still crazy this week. I'm trying really hard to get workouts in, no matter what. The past couple of days, getting in a workout has meant no lunch. That's not necessarily a bad thing since I ate a snack both before and after the workout each day.

Yesterday was a full body resistance workout at lunch. I probably pushed a little harder than I should because I honestly thought I was going to throw up at the end of the workout. That has never happened to me while lifting weights. I was in a rush, so I limited the time between sets. It was a tough one!

Last night, I ran 6 easy miles with 4 x 100m strides during the 4th mile.

Tuesday
1200m repeats at 12:30 PM in July in Alabama? Yep, that's a bad idea. It was my only opportunity today, though. So I slathered on the sunscreen and braved the 92F sunny moderately humid afternoon. I ran these on the 400m track around the football field. I love that surface and I love the consistency of the distance of each quarter. I don't like being completely protected from the breeze that usually comes from the west.

Was it a bad idea? Well, the heat and sweat slinging off my hands as I pumped my arms and the misery of hanging on in that last lap of the last 1200 indicate it was a terrible idea. However, the sense of accomplishment in hanging on and the gained confidence of finishing the workout in the stifling heat made it worth it.
  1. 4:45
  2. 4:45
  3. 4:53 (why do I struggle with the 3rd one?)
  4. 4:46
7.9 miles total. It actually felt pretty good. Well, that's a lie. It feels good to have done it. That's what I meant.

No comments: