Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Sunday, Monday, Tuesday

I joined the regular (does 4 or 5 weeks make it regular?) Athens group for the early Sunday 10 miler. I enjoyed the company, but the run was quite frankly miserable. I thought it was because of the 21 miles I did Saturday. Well, it turns out that I had a stomach bug. I was miserable all day Sunday and missed evening services because of it. I was gracious enough to share the bug with my wife. Ugh. I got in 11 miles, but I was ready to quit at 5. I probably should have.

Monday, I was much better. I did a "pull" workout at the gym at lunchtime, then I had to take the rest of the day off of work to take care of the kids while my ailing wife endured the misery I had shared with her. She's better today.

This morning, I did a 7 miler at about an 8:10 pace. It was a nice run. I saw Matt with about 2 miles left to go, so he joined me for a mile or so.

I'm still excited about the Black Warrior 25k (in less than 2 weeks!) and the Mount Cheaha 50k.

No comments: