Wednesday, February 11, 2009

Not quite over it

I'm not quite over the stomach bug from Sunday. I thought I was, but I still feel a little down in the gut. Bland food is all I can think about eating. Tuesday's run started well, but got miserable at the end. Today's run never was good. I tried to get up early enough to "prepare" for the run. (Runners will know exactly what I'm talking about!) I thought I was prepared, but my stomach never was right. I had to stop once during and I was really glad when the run was over, if you know what I mean. I'm glad that the Athens Rec Center was open! I still got in about 10.4 miles.

At one point, my HR was in the 160's while I was running at a 9:00 pace. That's not good at all. My HR is usually around 145 for an 8:00 pace. After the stop, my HR settled down and I was able to keep a 8:20 pace or so and even finish the last 2 at around 7:30 at 150-155 BPM.

I'm going to keep hydrated through the day each day and hope I can get through this week. This is my peak mileage week for Mount Cheaha training. I'm trying to make this week count. I only have two more runs scheduled, and it's going to be a challenge to finish those.

No comments: