Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Getting Ready

Here I sit just over 3 days away from the start of another big race that I've been training for. I'm as excited about Mount Cheaha as I have been about any other.

I'm not concerned about my finish time in this race. Last week I was too concerned about it. I ended up running a very good (for me) race and being disappointed. So, this weekend, I'm just going to have fun.

I'm looking forward to the ride down with my good friend and training partner, Matt. I'm looking forward to racing with him. I'm looking forward to running new trails. I'm looking forward to running a distance that I've never run before. I'm looking forward to hitting the most brutal climb I've ever done at mile 27, after running farther than I've ever run before. I'm looking forward to crossing a creek that I have to hold on to a rope to cross.

Yeah, I'm excited.

No comments: