Sunday, February 22, 2009

2009 Black Warrior 50k and 25k Results Are In!

The results for the 2009 Black Warrior 50k and Black Warrior 25k have been posted! They are at the Tennessee River Athletic Club website.

It turns out that I did look at the clock correctly! My time was 2:06:43 officially, which was good enough for 11th of 85. That just seems faster than it felt. It says 12th place, but really, I came in 11th. I don't believe anyone really ran a 25k in 39 minutes. That must be a typo in the top slot.

Black Warrior 50k 2009 results.

Black Warrior 25k 2009 results.

Okay, both of those are the same link, but I'm giving google an equal opportunity.

3 comments:

mgreene said...

FYI, Ryan Kyranakis used to be one of the top runners in North Alabama - only a minute in front of you!

Eric said...

Thanks Mike. I knew he was up there, but I didn't know who he was. I knew there were 2 less than a half mile ahead of me. I really regret miles 11 and 12 of that race. I just didn't push myself hard enough in those miles. I don't know that I could have made up a minute in those last 3.5 miles, but I should have tried harder. I'm not disappointed in my overall time, but I'm disappointed in my effort in those miles. They were about 9:30 and 9:45. If I just bring those two in under 9:00, I at least push Ryan.

I'm still learning this racing thing. There's a mental component that I didn't know about until Saturday.

Rae! said...

Great job!!