Friday, August 27, 2010

Do Over

I'm glad that I got a do-over this week.  Last week was so miserably bad.  No sleep, working late, terrible food, and 2 key missed workouts.  This week was much better.  I somehow made time to fit my runs in.  I had to cut one run a couple miles short because of time constraints, but I got all the quality work in on that one anyway.

Yesterday I did a 14 mile run along the Olentangy River.  There is a really nice greenway that goes along the Olentangy and Scioto rivers for miles and miles.  I did an out an back and negative split by 4 minutes.  I finished strong with miles in the 7:20s and felt great.  I especially thought the run was a good one since it followed a tempo run the day before.  The lower temperatures and humidity make a huge difference.  Still, though, 3:00:00 ain't in my 2010 Crystal Ball.

I've done all my running in the evenings this week because I've been traveling and working early mornings to coincide with the work day in India (great).  I MUCH prefer morning runs.  An evening 14 miler when you don't finish work until 6:30 will really mess up your eating schedule!

No comments: