Wednesday, March 3, 2010

I Want To Be Well

I'm struggling with a bit of a chest cold lately. It has whipped me, but hopefully I'm on the mend. Maybe if I took a few days off , I'd get better quicker, but I don't want to do that. Monday was the worst day, and I did take it completely off, work included. Today, I feel much better, except for that green stuff that keeps coming up when I cough. At least it doesn't hurt to cough today.

Yesterday, I tried a tempo run. I did 10 total and was able to run 5 miles at a 6:37 average pace. That's off from the 6:32 I should be running for tempo. Today I did the mid-week 15 miler, starting slow and finishing faster for a 7:52 average pace. All things considered, I'll call both of those very good runs.

You know, I have an awesome running partner. Matt showed up in the snow yesterday and then followed that up by pulling me along on the last 3 or 4 miles today. I was content to coast those last few miles at 7:45 today, but he had sub 7:25 in mind. I had to keep up.

No comments: