Saturday, March 13, 2010

Difficult and Muddy

McKay Hollow Madness is one tough race. Mile for mile, I don't think I've ever run a more difficult selection of trails. There are a few easy miles on the course, but very few. Matt and I ran 16.35 miles this morning on the MHM course, and it felt more like 25.

The weather was absolutely gross. It was cold and raining. You never get comfortable when it's 40F and raining. More clothes don't help, they just get cold and wet, too.

The course was extremely slippery and muddy. I ran the downhills like a timid school girl. There was just no traction. If the conditions are like this in two weeks, it will definitely slow down the times.

Even though it was cold, wet, muddy, slippery, difficult, and exhausting, it was still fun. I was smiling most of the time. I guess boys never do outgrow enjoying playing in the mud.

1 comment:

rundanrun said...

Thanks for the race course report.
Saturday was a good training day.
Brad White and I ran the orange loop at Bankhead Saturday morning. It was also muddy and slick.