Sunday, November 29, 2009

The Weekend

Friday
I took a goose egg on Friday. I'm not really worried about it because I still was above 60 for the week without Friday's run. It's taper time, anyway. I suppose I could have squeezed in a run at about 1:40 or so. But there was this ball game going on at that time!

Saturday
Saturday, Matt and I went over to Monte Sano to run the first half of the Mountain Mist course. I love running trails! It's definitely more challenging! I didn't take any food with me on the run and bonked as bad as I've bonked in a LONG time. Lesson learned. Also, all the climbing and descending have my legs a little sore today.

I look forward to getting prepared for Mountain Mist. My expectations are not very high for that race. I haven't trained for technical trails or hills at all, and that race has plenty of both. I've been focused on relatively flat road miles getting ready to BQ at Rocket City. Therefore, MM will definitely humble me, but I'm very excited about the challenge.

Sunday
Today, Carl, Lanier, and I did the usual 10 mile loop in Athens. I'm still loving having that as a fixture on my calendar. I'll probably take Dec. 13 off, though! :)

No comments: