Tuesday, November 17, 2009

Ouch.

6 x 1200 with 400m recovery jogs. That's hard. It sounds hard, and it is hard! I probably dreaded this workout more than any other yet. I didn't have a partner this morning which made the workout tougher. I wanted to skip and mail this one in! I mean, I had a good race Saturday. Don't I deserve to skip a tough one? But off to the track I went in the misty yuck.
  1. 4:32
  2. 4:28
  3. 4:28
  4. 4:27
  5. 4:29
  6. 4:30
I could definitely feel the effects of Saturday's race. My legs were tired. The good news is that aerobically, I felt like I could go harder, but my legs were just dead. Those splits are as fast as my legs would go.

I had to talk myself into those last two. I mean, 4x1200 is a good workout, isn't it? I'm glad I gutted this one out. Could I have done one more? I don't know, but I'm glad I didn't have to!

Tomorrow is the last mid-week 15 miler. This week is it. It's taper after this week. I told myself that over and over to get through today's workout.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Good job man! Impressive. Wish I could have been there to support (though probably bringing up the rear).