Wednesday, December 29, 2010

Just Not Well

I keep trying to get out the door even though I don't feel like it.  Some nasty funky germ is ravaging my house. Everyone has been running a fever and coughing and sneezing and just feeling miserable.  Me too. We just can't seem to shake it. I've had good days and bad, but I haven't felt well since about last Wednesday. This is messing up my training!

Today, even though I didn't feel like it, Andy and I rode over to the Owl Creek Horse Trails in the Bankhead National Forest to run the Black Warrior 25k course. The plan called for a 14 miler today. I love those trails! The mountains were still snow covered, and it was an absolutely beautiful run! I ran hard, too.  I finished the course in about 2:02, which is faster than I raced it in 2009.  I think I inadvertently shortened the course by about a quarter mile, though. I wanted to finish stronger, but my left hamstring just kept whispering to me to slow down. I listened. It's still sore. Ugh. I just want to run fast again without worrying about injury!

The rest of the day I have been completely wiped out. I was not well enough to run, but in a way, it was worth it. I'm miserably sick now, but the joy of the beauty of nature and camaraderie was almost worth it. Almost.

1 comment:

Dana said...

I ...literally... feel your pain. I looked up symptoms for walking pneumonia earlier today because I'm feeling THAT bad. Today should have been a run/ride day, but I haven't quite made it out of bed (and I'm sure I won't). At least you had what sounds like a FANTASTIC run!!