The scale was very unkind this morning. Up 5lbs this week???? One of my training buddies would just say, "chubs." Well, I'm not where I want to be, but I'm better than I was!
Today was an upper body workout. I don't see how this will help my marathon training, but it can't hurt and it may keep my upper body from shriveling to nothing. I'll probably back off to two resistance days a week during most of the training.
- 3 sets of 15 dumbbell bench presses, 55 lb dumbbells.
- 3 sets of 15 leg raises on the ab bench (Actually, it was 18, 15, and 16. I really wanted to do 3x20, but I just couldn't squeeze out those last few reps. Ugh, those are hard.)
- 3 sets of dips (12, 10, and 12)
- 3 sets of 25 inclined ab crunches
- 3 sets of 12 military dumbbell presses, 35 lb dumbbells.
- 100 ab crunches on the Swiss ball