Tuesday, August 26, 2008

Day 3

No running today. I'm resting, stretching, icing my knee, and taking NSAID's.

Today's workout was supposed to be 4 miles and 4 x 100 m strides.

Instead, I did 30 minutes on an elliptical and weights. (elliptical != running)
  • 3 sets of 16 walking lunges with 2 x 35 lb dumbells
  • 3 sets of 15 squats with 205 lb barbell
  • 3 sets of 15 leg extensions #9 plate.
  • 3 sets 20 leg raises on the ab board (I hate these, so they must be good for me.)
  • 3 sets of 25 weighted crunches
Then, this afternoon, I played a match of tennis. I know, tennis is horrible cross training for distance running because of the sudden start-stops and the hard surface. But I committed to this league back in the spring and I need to finish up and honor my commitment. I did take it easy, and there was no pain in my knee at all. Besides, I LOVE racquet sports, especially racquetball. I'm not ready to give up racquetball just yet, but I will when my mileage increases to 18 on the long run and near 50 total for the week.

Hopefully I didn't lose any conditioning today.

No comments: