Sunday, August 24, 2008

Day 1!

Well, my marathon training has begun! Day 1.... Rest. Got it. Check. This marathon training thing is easy! Well, it gets harder, I'm sure. But, everything I've read says that rest and recovery are just as important as workouts, so I'm resting today!

And, I did do a long run yesterday (10 mi.). I averaged 7:33 per mile on that long run, so I think I have my base under me to begin training. The first long run is a 10 miler Saturday, Aug. 30. Instead of a long run on that day, I am going to run the Monte Sano 10k and 5k. That's 15k or 9.3 miles. By the time I warm up and all, I should be at 10 miles for the morning. And I'll probably run that a little harder than I would a normal long run around the neighborhood, so I'll count it as my long run.

Oh, and by the way, did you see the Olympic marathon last night? AMAZING!!! 2:06:32???? And also a nice job to get 2 USA top 10 finishes. Nice job by Dathan Ritzenhein and Ryan Hall.

No comments: