Wednesday, August 27, 2008

Missed a Tempo workout

The schedule for today called for...
  • 2 miles at 7:25 pace (Goal Pace, unrealistic, I know, but I'm aiming high)
  • 2-3 miles 7:03 pace (Tempo Pace)
  • 2 miles at 7:25 pace (Goal Pace)
Instead, because of my knee... I did no cardio. Slacker, I know. Today's workout was...
  • Racquetball drills to warm up (no footwork drills, just strokes)
  • 3 sets of overhand grip pull-ups. 12, then 10 and 10. I wish I could do 3 sets of 12 or 15.
  • 3 sets of 15 bent dumbbell rows (50 lb dumbbell)
  • 3 sets of 10 upright dumbbell rows (25 lb dumbbell)
  • 3 sets of 25 back extensions
  • 3 sets of 15 oblique twists using the pulley
  • 3 sets of 15 weighted side bends (50 lb dumbbell)
I should have done cardio, I know. I just ran out of time, and gave the back workout priority. I'll go at the bike tomorrow. I really needed a back workout because it's been about two weeks since I did one. I don't want my upper body to shrivel up while marathon training. My arms are already scrawny enough now!

I need to figure something else out for the pull-ups, though. I already have a symmetry problem and those are exacerbating it. While my right arm doesn't look like Rafael Nadal's left arm, the difference between my right and left may be more pronounced than the difference between his left and right. I need to work my lat and biceps without allowing my right arm to cheat and do more of the work. Suggestions anyone??

No comments: