Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Oxygen!

The results for Black Warrior 50k and Black Warrior 25k still haven't been posted. I'm looking forward to browsing through those. I'll link on my blog as soon as they're available.

Every time I come to Denver, I think I'll be able to just train as normal, forgetting that it takes me a day or so to acclimate. Where's my oxygen? Why can't I get enough to drink?!

One of the things I hate about business travel is that it messes up my training schedule. I was not able to run yesterday. Ugh.

This morning, when I woke up, the temperature was 5F. Um. I didn't want to run in that. So, I went to the fitness center at the hotel. It's a pretty lame fitness center, but at least it has a treadmill. I hoped the treadmill would be free! If not, I had made up my mind that I was going to bundle up and tough it out. Whew! Not another soul was in there! I didn't have to prove my toughness today.

I toyed with the idea of doing a recovery run today. Since I didn't run yesterday and did a recovery run Sunday, I decided that I should go ahead and knock out the tempo workout this week. It called for 10 total and 5 at tempo pace. I was only able to run 4 at tempo pace. I did 2 miles at 6:40 and 2 miles at 6:35. I just couldn't get enough air! I probably could have gutted out another mile, but I don't know if it would have done more harm than good given Saturday's effort and the lack of oxygen. I should have run 5 @ 6:32, but the past weekend and the altitude are my excuses today.

1 comment:

Naresh Kumar said...

The results are out.


Enjoyed reading your blog. This was my first ultra and I am glad I finished it.