Tuesday, June 1, 2010

Really, what next?

What will I do next? I still don't have an answer to that one!

I looked at my goals for 2010, and I'm way off. Way off. Let's see....
  1. A 5k in 18:30. I haven't done it yet and my best chance was Chick Fil A in Athens. However, that doesn't seem unattainable for this year and I'll have plenty of chances to try.
  2. A sub 38:00 10k. Um. Perhaps I should re-think that. Ouch. The only chance I can think of to get this one is the Dam-Bridge run in Florence in November. At least I have time to prepare. I had better get started.
  3. A sub 1 hour 15k. I think I can do that at Monte Sano in October.
  4. An 84 minute half. This means 1:24:59. Maybe.
  5. 26.2 miles in 2:59:59 or faster. I'm not sure I'll run another marathon this year. I'll have to decide. If I give a go at this goal, it will be Rocket City.
Maybe I should punt and make all of these 2011 goals. Or maybe I should just pick one of the hard ones and make it my focus and see what happens with the others.

2 comments:

Dana said...

Very interesting...I just wrote about my goals and trying to figure out what to focus on.

I can't wait to hear what you decide.

The O'Neill's said...

punt