Sunday, May 30, 2010

Cotton Row Nerves

Um. I'm not sure what I was thinking when I decided to sign up for Cotton Row this year. A 10k a month before a marathon is genius. A 10k a month after a marathon is not wise at all. I simply haven't had time to recover from Nashville and then focus on the systems necessary to run my best 10k.

So, this will be one of the first races that I've gone into without really being prepared. I've done a couple of weeks of crash course type training with hills in Denver and track work and tempo runs. But all of that has felt extremely uncomfortable and sub-40 on a flat course would be tough. Sub-40 tomorrow on that beast may not be possible. Oh well. Maybe I can PR.

And then there's the 5k afterwards. What was I thinking? At least the 5k course is more reasonable. I'm pretty nervous. Maybe I'll get lucky and have a good day and PR both distances. More likely, my lack of preparation will show and I'll finish way back of where I should be.

Live and learn.

No comments: