Friday, July 3, 2009

Back Out There

One day off turned into two. And that is fine with me. I wish I could say that I rested during my days off, but I was traveling and working and not sleeping.

Today, I hit the road with Matt this morning. We wanted to just get in some time on our feet. The weather was GREAT! We were aiming for 8-10 miles, and I thought Matt was going to have to carry me when we started. I was just exhausted and didn't feel like doing anything. After the first mile, I started feeling better. After that, I felt GREAT. We stretched 8-10 out to 11 and I really didn't want to stop then. I felt like I could have run all day today.

These were easy miles, about 8:15 pace. We finished the run with about 1.5 miles at 7:20-ish pace. I want to run a sub 3:15 marathon in December, which is a 7:25 pace. So, I'm trying to get as much practice as I can at that pace without burning myself out. That's all I was trying to do this morning was to get a feel for marathon pace.

I'm trying to keep easy miles in my base. When I do quality work, I want it to be quality. But I need more miles to keep my endurance where it needs to be for marathon training. So, I'll do more miles tomorrow and Sunday. Join me Sunday morning for a 10 miler at 5:45 AM at Athens Rec Center. :)

No comments: