Monday, February 2, 2009

Group run and off day

My Sunday morning run has grown into a quite large group run! There were 12 runners who met at the Rec Center in Athens Sunday at 5:45 AM. We started there and did a shade over 10 miles through Athens. Thanks everyone for joining me! Without you folks there it would be easy to skip that run. Getting the run done in the morning frees up the afternoon for chores or a nap. Or both! And starting that early means that nobody there has an excuse to miss church! :)

Today, I went to the gym and did a few laps in the pool and followed that up with a "pull" workout. I need to change my routine in the weight room and I need to put more effort into my workouts.

Also, I registered for the Black Warrior 25k this morning. Woohoo! It's the week before Mount Cheaha, or I'd do the whole 50k.

And I DVR'd the Super Bowl to watch after church. (Well, actually, I didn't go to church because my daughter has chicken pox. But she and I had a Bible study and discussion while Leigh and Lindsey were at church.) That was a GREAT game! Even though I was squeezing a little for the Cardinals, I thoroughly enjoyed the last 5 minutes of the game. Larry Fitzgerald is amazing! It was the best Super Bowl since 2004 when the Patriots beat the Panthers 32-29. Does anyone else remember that game?

And hands down, the best commercial was the Doritos crystal ball commercial.

No comments: